The official site for the Tourist Office at Guéret
A veritable oasis of tranquility and greenery, the park of the art and archeology museum invites walkers to stroll through its alleys. Rich in rare and exceptional species, the public garden does honor to the city of Guéret.
This garden was created in 1905 by the architect Germain Sauvanet. He opted for the right balance between an ambulatory of various species and a French garden. The site offers a wide variety of trees with impressive sizes. The cleanliness of the “annuals” beds offers a languid path through the numerous alleys.We will also notice the magnificent statue of a kneeling woman, adorning the fountain in front of the museum, produced by Marthe Baumel - Schwenck; where also the small rockery bridge, which gracefully spans a pond.
The garden is open :
Ferdinand Villard public garden - avenue de la Sénatorerie - 23000 GUÉRET
Guided tour only for groups of more than 10 people and by reservation at the Tourist Office of Guéret.
05 55 52 14 29
1 Rue Eugène France B.P. 52
Phone number : 05 55 52 14 29
Email : email@example.com
Copyright Office du tourisme Guéret - By Kaliop